Benefits of BASNCR Membership
The Botanical Art Society of the National Capital Region (BASNCR) is a chapter of the American Society of Botanical Artists (ASBA). All BASNCR members are also required to be members of ASBA. As an ASBA member, you will enjoy a worldwide network of artists, quarterly issues of The Botanical Artist, a membership directory, conference member rates, and access to a vast array of other resources. For more information, please visit the ASBA website .
Some of the additional benefits that BASNCR members enjoy:
- Quarterly newsletters that highlight botanical art and artists, and bring a variety of related information to feed your passion for the art and science of flora.
- A website and virtual gallery that opens the door to anyone seeking information about our organization while enabling you to have your art displayed with a reference to your own website.
- Quarterly meetings in the stellar United States Botanic Garden that include expert presentations and opportunities to network with botanical artists of all levels. Hear some inspiring presenters, learn some new techniques, deepen your understanding of this genre, meet some new friends or reconnect with some you haven’t seen for a while. Enjoy some good old-fashioned show & tell botanical art style!
- Field trips to regional gardens, nature preserves, and other places of natural, historical, and artistic value. Our meeting planners always have creative and refreshing ideas to whet the appetite whether it’s nature journaling, pen-and-ink technique demonstration, heirloom seeds and catalogs, or print making.
- Juried shows in the national capital region.
- Broadened exposure to all things related to our love of art and nature.
- Volunteer opportunities that enhance your connection to other artists.
The U.S. Botanic Garden is located on the National Mall near the Capitol.
100 Maryland Avenue, SW
Washington, DC 20001
Information about upcoming events is listed on our calendar.